Your one stop hub for music gear news and information!
#seymourduncanHere’s everything you need to upgrade your pickups! Tag a friend who’s looking for a good DIY project right now. 🎸🛠
1) A new set of pickups for your shred stick (Pearly Gates Humbuckers are never a bad choice 😉)
2) Your trusty axe! 🎸
3) A fresh roll of TP (to rest the neck of your guitar on folks — come on now, heads outta the gutter!)
4) A handy cloth to drape over your guitar while soldering to protect the finish
5) A roll of electrical tape (just in case)
6) A few pieces of heat shrink tubing
7) A brush (it never hurts to dust out your guitar's electronics cavity after removing the original pups!)
8) Needle nose pliers (they always lend a helping hand)
9) Diagonal cutting pliers (to shorten pickup lead wires)
10) A fine-gauge Wire Stripper (to remove insulation from your pickup lead wires)
11) A flathead and Phillips-head screwdriver (We make SD pocket screwdrivers that have both! 😉)
12) A roll of solder braid (to keep those pots, caps, jacks, and selector switches clean)
13) A spool of solder (we recommend rosin-core 60/40)
14) A pillowy mat on which your trusty axe can rest (thanks for this awesome one Music Nomad Equipment Care! 🙌)
15) A soldering iron (we recommend using a 40 watt iron)
For videos on how to swap your pickups, check out our Tech Tips page here: seymourduncan.net/techtips
Good luck friends, and happy soldering! 🤘
#guitar #guitarist #guitarplayer #knowyourtone #musicheals #seymourduncan ... See MoreSee Less
Wednesday March 25th, 2020
We needed a little humor, and, being the creative people we are, our team has been innovating any way they can. So.... this officially kicks off the Tuesday Toilet Paper Guitar Challenge (#TPGchallenge). We're calling on you to get creative with the best way to put a toilet paper roll to good use. Our New Products Marketing guy, Chris O'Hara, came up with this one. It's a guitar pick holder! (Brilliant, right 😄?!)
Here's how to make it:
STEP 1: Finish roll of TP
STEP 2: Remove all small pieces of tissue.
STEP 3: Find Duct Tape and cut 4 segments, 6" long each.
STEP 4: Attach to bottom of role, layered over each other so bottom is completely sealed (very important).
STEP 5: Find your favorite pics and store them safely inside. (Genius!)
We know, as musicians, you're all innovative, so we'd love to see what you come up with! Tag #TPGChallenge and #seymourduncan and we'll choose a winner each week and repost your brilliant invention and tag you and your band/website, etc.
Humor aside though, there are a lot of people out there right now trying to get the supplies they need and we're all in this together. So, if you're in the low risk category, see if you can help an elderly neighbor or someone who's high risk to get them what they need the next time you venture out to the store. The world needs extra positivity right now!
#seymourduncan #guitar ... See MoreSee Less
Tuesday March 24th, 2020
Monday March 23rd, 2020
Dear Music Lovers Around the World:
California governor Gavin Newsom has issued a statewide shelter-at-home order requiring all non-essential business to suspend operations.
During this time, our production and shipping departments will be closed, however, our dedicated staff, including customer service and sales, will continue to work remotely to assist you with all of your musical needs. If you have an order with Seymour Duncan that requires assistance, please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, order number and request and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The escalating COVID-19 situation is one we take very seriously, and our highest priority is keeping our employees and community healthy and safe. While we’d rather keep winding, we know that having our employees shelter at home is the right thing to do.
Over the 45 years that we’ve been in business, our company and community have faced many challenges, and when faced with these challenges, we have pulled together and emerged even stronger. We are confident we will persevere through this challenge, too.
Wishing you all the very best,
The Seymour Duncan Family
#seymourduncan #guitar ... See MoreSee Less
Music gear news and information Seymour Duncan Canada. Your one-stop hub for music gear news and information. Custom filtered facebook feeds. Seymour Duncan. Korg Canada, Korg, Vox, Vox Canada, Pearl Drums, Pearl Drums Canada, Arturia, Arturia Canada, Marshall Amps, Marshall Amps Canada, Schecter Guitars, Schecter Guitars Canada, Vater Percussion Canada, Washburn Guitars, Washburn Canada, Nord Canada, Nord Keyboards. Can Play Music, canplaymusic. Our name belongs to those who play. We are Marshall.