PRODUCT OF THE WEEK!
Synthesis powerhouse with distinctive wavetable timbres, Kaoss Physics, and Motion Sequencing 2.0.
- MODWAVE – 37-Key Wavetable Synthesizer
In 1985, Korg’s DW-8000 combined digital wavetables with rich analog filters to give users sounds which were impossible to create with analog oscillators. It’s still a cult favorite today.
modwave builds on the DW legacy and transforms it into a modern monster synth, featuring incredibly deep wavetable oscillators, gorgeous filters, wildly flexible modulation, unmatched polyphony, comprehensive pattern sequencing, and immediately satisfying hands-on control to deliver unique, powerful, and easily customizable sounds and phrases.
modwave also introduces two unique new tools for creating dynamic motion: Kaoss Physics and Motion Sequencing 2.0. Kaoss Physics combines an x/y Kaoss pad with modulatable game physics to create a responsive, interactive controller that is—besides being powerful— a lot of fun to explore. Motion Sequencing 2.0 brings the organic, continuously evolving patterns of the wavestate’s Wave Sequencing 2.0 into the world of motion sequencing, including multiple lanes and real-time recording to help you create complex and evolving phrases that other step sequencers cannot.
Like Wave Sequencing 2.0 (wavestate) and altered FM (opsix), modwave’s evolved wavetable synthesis delivers its own brand of completely unique sounds and a knob-per-function layout that makes customizing those sounds fast and easy. To start, there are hundreds of preset sounds empowered by this new architecture, organized by front-panel category buttons, and all instantly customizable via the four Modulation Knobs. modwave’s distinctive wavetable timbres start with aggressive basses & leads, and lush ambient pads which will add a new dimension to your tracks. But that is just the start. Those who want to dig deeper will find an endless source of discovery; you’ll be finding new things in this synth for a long, long time because of the unique synth architecture. Once you have started finding new sounds – save as many as you like; there’s room for thousands more.
- Loaded with over 200 characterful wavetables, each with up to 64 waveforms
- Modifier and morph features allow for a staggering 230 million wavetable variations
- 2-oscillator structure with 2-part multi-timbrality and 32-note polyphony
- Includes modeled MS-20 lowpass/highpass filters, modeled Polysix lowpass filter, and Korg multimode filter
- Plenty of modulation with 4 envelopes, 5 LFOs, and aftertouch
- 4 programmable Mod knobs give you custom access to whatever parameters you’d like to tweak most often
- Motion Sequencing 2.0 allows you to manipulate sample sequence, timing, and pitch independently to create complex, evolving patches with a non-linear vibe
- “Lanes” provide unique ways to manipulate pitch, sample duration, gate times, step sequencer values, and much more
- Layer samples over wavetables from the included multi-gigabyte PCM library
- 13 morph types for stretching, squeezing, and altering wavetables in real-time
- Massive collection of built-in distortion, modulation, delay, and reverb effects
- Ample hands-on control over practically all parameters
- Built-in Kaoss Pad with Kaoss Physics encourages unprecedented interactivity
- 37 full-size keys balance playability and portability; key zoning for splitting and layering sounds