PRODUCT OF THE WEEK!
For 2021 we are excited to announce the godfather of gospel bass players, the legendary Andrew Gouché has joined the Markbass family!
- LITTLE-AG-1000 – 1000W Head, Limiter, Mute SW Andrew Gouch
A Grammy Award-winning producer with over 30 years of experience as the bassist for many R&B and Gospel legends as Prince and the New Power Generation, Gladys Knight, Andraé Crouch, The Winans, and musical director for Chaka Khan, he got regular calls for recording sessions across all genres including Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Julio Iglesias, Madonna, Snoop Dogg, Warren G, Earth, Wind & Fire, Aretha Franklin, Y’anna, Hidden Beach Unwrapped Series, Jimmy Reid, LA Jazz Syndicate, Smokey Robinson, Patti LaBelle, Judith Hill, Kirk Franklin, Donna Summer … with his distinctive bass sound Andrew has made an indelible mark on the history of Gospel and R&B music, inspiring today’s generation of bassists.
Having played our amplifiers at several events, Andrew fell in love with Markbass’ tone and character. So in partnership with Andrew, we’ve been working together over the past year to make an amplifier head that has his own unique sound – instinctively. We’re proud to introduce the amazing Little AG 1000, designed with Andrew – built by Markbass.
- Andrew Gouché signature sound – We created this amplifier to suit Andrew’s individual requirements for both sound, and playing style. Thanks to his exceptional music production experience and finely tuned musical ear, the development process was rapid and precise. With Andrew’s deep knowledge of what makes a great bass sound, we customized frequency choices based on his direction and he stamped it with his seal of approval – “Finally I have MY sound!”.
- 1000W high-power / ultimate dynamics – This ultra high-power head is underpinned by our powerful 1000W MPT power amp delivering extraordinary power and headroom, with accurate dynamics and amazing definition.
- Limiter Control – This dedicated limiter control enables a modern amp response when fully dialed in. In contrast, when set to zero it creates that old generation behavior along with the typical distortion you can get when the limiter effect is really low. Of course, you can also select everything in between to create your own individual amplifier characteristic response.
- FSW MUTE / EQ ON/OFF – Featured on the front panel of the Little AG 1000 amplifier is a convenient mute switch. In addition to an optional dual footswitch (FSW) you can remotely trigger the mute function, and also turn the EQ section on/off.
- MPT – MARK PROPRIETARY TECHNOLOGY – Many other bass amps on the market use power amps that are not specifically designed for bass. At Markbass, Marco De Virgiliis invested heavily in R&D to develop proprietary power amp technology in-house. Our MPT power amp was built from the ground up to respect and elevate the inherent tone of your instrument.
INPUT: impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 9 Vpp
EFFECT RETURN: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
GAIN: -46 dB to +23 dB range
LINE OUT LEVEL
GROUND LIFT (switch on rear panel)
PRE/POST EQ (switch on rear panel)
ULTRALOW: level ±16 dB (freq. 65 Hz)
LOW: level ±16 dB (freq. 100 Hz)
MID: level ±16 dB (freq. 500 Hz)
HIGH MID: level ±16 dB (freq. 1.4 KHz)
HIGH: level ±16 dB (freq. 3.8 KHz)
LINE OUT: balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp
EFFECT SEND: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
TUNER OUT: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
SPEAKER OUT: speakon
Footswitch (optional) for MUTE and EQ ON/OFF
WEIGHT: 7.05 lbs/ 3.2 kg
WIDTH: 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm
DEPTH: 9.84 in. / 25 cm
HEIGHT: 3.27 in. / 8.3 cm
OUTPUT POWER: 1000W RMS @ 4 ohms / 600W RMS @ 8 ohms
POWER REQUIREMENT:100/120V; 230V; 240V – 50/60Hz (Voltage is factory preset according to the region of sale)
The minimum ohm load for all Markbass heads is 4 ohms.